SHOULD KNOW ABOUT NEWOUNDLAND & THE NEWFIE'S!!
If you're a Newfie, you should be proud!
- here are a few tidbits of information that you may have never known before:
- the first province to respond to Titanic's distress signal
- the first to vaccinate for smallpox
- the first to host a transatlantic flight
- the first to have wireless communication in the world
- the first place to discover proof of the theory of continental drift
- the oldest street in North America
- the oldest city in North America
- the oldest rock in the world
- the oldest continuous sporting event (Regatta Day rules!)
- the largest university in Atlantic Canada
- the most pubs per square foot in Canada (George Street)
- the longest running radio program in North America
- caught the world's largest invertebrate (giant squid)
- the funniest people in Canada (ask anybody)
- the sexiest people in Canada (Macleans magazine survey)
- the only province that has four identifiable flags
- the only province able to land the space shuttle (Stephenville)
- the most giving people in Canada (Stats Canada)
- the most sexually active people in all of Canada (what else are we gonna do?)
- built the world's first artificial ice arena
- invented the gas mask
- was once govenor of northern Rhodesia
- was with Abraham Lincoln at Gettysberg
WE ARE THE ONLY PROVINCE TO HAVE IT'S OWN...
- cultural publication
by reading this, you now know more about Newfoundland than...well, almost everyone!!